INTERVIEW: RICHII (SINGER)

  It is not something new that “El Rincón de David” is getting more and more international. We have already interviewed Mexican, Asian artists and this time let me introduce to all of you an Arabian singer who is getting well-known in Arabia. He is Richii.

   Richii I want to thank you for taking your time to reply some questions and for being a part of my family “El Rincon de David”. It is such a pleasure to have you here...
 

- Tell us, when did you start to like music? How were your starts?
- I always liked music, since I can remember. I grew up writing poems when I was 5 years old & those started to become songs by the time I was 12. I love everything about music: listening to it, collecting CD’s, singing, writing songs, composing… 


- How do you think it is electronic music developing in your country? Do you think it is still much left to give away?
- I think Lebanon has a huge developing market for electronic music, especially with the younger crowd. We’re always getting an inflow of music from Europe, so it seemed very natural and not forced to move into that direction with ‘Eternity’ [my new song].
 

- In Summer 2009 when you were only 19 years old you were #1, How do you feel when your music is being so well accepted?
- Yeah, I had no clue it [Dayeb Wehyatak] was going to do as well as it did. I think it was something new for them; the way I was singing Arabic but in an English way. We were all surprised because it was originally meant to be a promo song. It was an amazing feeling to see it on television, and they were playing it like 20 times a day for almost 3 months! When we found out it went to number 1, I remember I ran through my contact list and called everyone I know. 


- Are you involved in other projects, right now?
- I just dropped a new single ‘ETERNITY’ featuring Polish DJ’s the ‘East Clubbers’ and it’s my first completely English song, which I’m really excited about. I’m also opening for the popstar Ramy Ayach on August 3rd and we’re preparing for that. I put a lot of effort into my shows. 



- Have you ever thought about the possibility to start to perform in Europe?
- Yeah, I spoke about it with Piotr from the East Clubbers actually and he’s got a couple of things lined up that we’re trying to do.
 

- Do you have any favourite international singer who do you like to perform with?
- I would love to open for someone like Justin Timberlake or Usher. That would be a dream.
 


- And when Richii is listening to music….what kind of music do you like listening to?
- I love R&B a LOT, but also pop. I listen to a lot of Usher, a lot of Jay Sean, Craig David, Ne-Yo…stuff like that.

 

- How far do you like to reach with your music?
- If I could reach America, that would be really cool, but if that doesn’t work out, I’m happy just as long as I’m doing what I love, which is singing and writing music. It’s a spiritual thing for me also.
 

- Do you think the world could be much better just because of good music?
- The world is so influenced by music that we as artists shouldn’t only sing about things that make our fans feel good; but also, our personal experiences. I think when we open up about our human vulnerabilities; the fans can relate more.
 


- And the last one, could you give us any tip to all those who wanna be part of world’s music. What would you tell them?
- Just stay true to yourself. Find your uniqueness and use it to your advantage.

 Thanks a lot for your time Richii. It has been such a pleasure to have you here in my place. From now on, it is yours too. Welcome to "El Rincón de David"…Hugs

- Thank you very much David. 

  Ya lo véis chicos, "El Rincón de David" traspasa las fronteras y se atreve con las entrevistas en inglés... ¿Te ha gustado? pues descuida, porque habrá más en el rincón de las estrellas...

Comentarios

Entradas populares