BLAKE MCIVER'S, As a child prodigy Dancer and Singer

Blake Mciver  AFTER - NOW                               

   Hello my dear bloggers! Welcome once again to “The Corner of Dave”!!
 

  Today, I want to introduce all of you a great artist. 



   He is from USA and we are pretty sure you will remember him since he played on different shows such as “Full House”, “The Drew Carey Show”, “The Nanny”, "The Little Rascals". He has also worked as a dubbing actor on “Tarzan”, “Anastasia” and “The Little Mermaid II (Returned to the sea)”.

They're not such Little Rascals anymore! In celebration of the 20th anniversary of film The Little Rascals, the cast have reunited to recreate the iconic movie poster as well as their characters' best-loved scenes
    Now he is going to make a try as a singer. He has just released a CD titled “The Time Manipulator”, we are talking about Blake Mciver.
 

- Thanks Blake for taking your time to answer our questions. It’s such an honour to have a celebrity like you on my blog “The Corner of Dave”. From now on your place whenever you wish.
- Thank you Dave for inviting me to your corner.

- From working as an actor when you were a child to be a dancer in LA. How has it been such a radical change?
- I’ve been very fortunate to work in so many aspects of the entertainment industry. I look at it as a joy to be able to move from one thing to the other and back again. I started as a singer on Star Search when I won in ’92 so in some ways this year has been a full circle moment with the release of my album.
 

- You have released your first CD “The Time Manipulator”, Available on itunes, To all those who haven’t listened to it yet, tell us, What will we find over there?
- You will find an eclectic pop album with hints of classic rock, gospel, and electronic. It was a very personal labor of love and each song tells a different part of my story.
 

Available on itunes
- Your CD includes 9 tracks, there is always a song which we feel identified the most with. Is there any song on your own CD that describes yourself in a personal way?
- That’s a tough question because each one is personal and each one comes from a moment in my life. I’d have to say “Screaming @ The Opéra” is the closest to my heart because it came out of such an important moment in my childhood where I felt ostracized for the first time.
 

- For all your followers, How was your come out?
- I’m happy to say it was rather uneventful. I have a wonderful support system of friends and family members around me all the time. They look at me as so much more than my sexuality so that’s been amazing. Now they just have strong opinions on the guys I’ve dated, haha! 


- Do you think that coming out of the closet has changed something on your work (any troubles, inconveniences…) or have you been working as usual?
- I think it was imperative for me to come out considering the kind of art that I make. It would be impossible to live a lie in today’s media. I look forward to a world where the media is not so obsessed with sexuality and the way it is expressed by artists.

- Any piece of advice to all those who hasn’t come out yet and are afraid of what people would say?
- Coming out is so personal and individual and everyone has to walk their own path.  My advice would be to wait until you are ready. I don’t think anyone should be pressured or “shamed” out of the closet. It’s a tough thing and you have to be ready for any and all of the reactions that come with that.

 


- Do you have any others projects you can talk about?
- I’m working on a very fun concert project right now that I will be announcing soon on my website

- Do you think you will release another album?
- I absolutely will! I’m actually halfway through writing the second album. It’s going to have a mid-century throwback vibe; all soul and blues music.  

- Any funny anecdote you can tell us about your time as an actor?
- Well hopefully I’ll be returning to the acting world soon. There are a few new projects on the horizon and I can’t wait to get back to it. It’s been too long!


 


- Thank you so much for your time. I wanna thank you a lot for wanting to become part of this family. You are always welcome to “The Corner of Dave”.
- It has been a pleasure, Dave. 

 Blake is close, handsome, and talented. He can do it all: act, sing, dance, poses, and it shows in his interviews

  Thanks for following my interviews, friends Until the next post.

 Interview translated by Leonor Mascaraque

Comentarios

Entradas populares